Re: Compiling Error in Imported Procedures

From: Jonathan Lewis <Jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 1995 11:06:00 +0000

In article <bo.lu.3.04F1FE9E_at_m.cc.utah.edu> bo.lu_at_m.cc.utah.edu "Bo Lu" writes:

: Hi, Everyone
:
: We use Export/Import utility to backup user's objects. When we imported user's
: objects back to database, some of stored procedures that have arguments have
: compiling errors. We checked the source code of those imported procedures. It
: looks like that the arguments of the procedures are missing.
: Does anyone meet the same problems. Any suggestion will be appreciated.
:

There is a problem with 7.0.16 and import of stored procedures. It doesn't really sound the same as you have here, but if there are comments embedded in the 'creation' section of the procedure, then the procedure cannot be imported:

  e.g. create procedure /* comment */ thingy /* comment */ as ...

Might your problem be a variation on this ?

--
Jonathan Lewis