6 to 7 Migrate View Problems

From: Paul Berger <pberger_at_nic.hookup.net>
Date: 4 Jan 1995 17:53:55 -0500

If you can shed some light on this I'd sure appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

Here is my difficulty.

I am migrating a reasonably large database from Oracle V6 to Oracle7 in a Novell environment.

Upon 'test' migrating (exporting from 6, importing into 7) and persuing the import 7 log, a number of views that DO work in Oracle V6 have become INVALID in Oracle7.

If I simply try the 'select' portion (of the view separate from the view itself), under the schema owner's id, the
'select' works fine. All table columns are cleary
accessible.

When I drop the invalid view and try to recreate it using the same 'select' I get an Oracle error:

'ORA-01933: cannot create a stored object using privileges
from a role'

I know how to fix this, but why is this manifesting in the first place?...other views migrate unscathed!

Is this a migrate bug or am I missing something?

PB
Berger Software Received on Wed Jan 04 1995 - 23:53:55 CET

Original text of this message