Re: IMPORT DATA

From: Dave Jordan <jordan_at_pt5026.pto.ford.com>
Date: 3 Jan 1995 20:19:45 GMT

Jeroen Hermans writes:

>During my vacation someone deleted a record from the database.
>Every night I make an full database export.
>I have a file fulldump from tape and the record is backed-up in this file.

>How can I retrieve only one record from one table from the fulldump.
>I can get no information from the "Utilities User's Guide" how to retrieve
>one record, I only get information about retrieving the entire table.

>Can someone help me?

The import utility will not allow you to retrieve the one row. An alternative would be to import the entire table under another user schema. Then you can pull the one row out and insert it into the original table. The sytax goes like this: IMP system/manager FROMUSER=scott TOUSER=joe TABLES=emp

Dave Jordan Received on Tue Jan 03 1995 - 21:19:45 CET

Original text of this message