[HELP]: Oracle 7.x.x install under UnixWare 1.1

From: Neil Greene <neil_at_bMD.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 1995 04:16:44 GMT

I am having problems installing Oracle under UnixWare. For starters, I noticed the start.sh script which links the /oracle_link directory to the cd-rom mount point, /mount_point, fails when attempting the following:

        $ ln -s $x/orainst/* $y/orainst

The above commands fails when evaluating the '*' in the command line which exceeds the shell enivronment space, by default. This was corrected manually and the start.sh was completed.

However, Oracle fails when attempting to relink the oracle binary every time with unreferenced symbols found in libora.a.

I have completed the following steps:

  1. Creating the oracle_link directory
  2. Mounting the cd-rom
  3. Running the start.sh script to link the cd-rom with some modifications.
  4. Running the pkgadd script to add the oraconf package which rebuilds the UnixWare kernal
  5. Rebooted the system to use the new kernal
  6. Run the oracle installer as oracle
  7. Select to install Oracle RDBMS

        And that's about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please email neil_at_bMD.com and cc a copy of your reply to ngreene_at_tapestry.com.

---
Sincerely,

Neil Greene

benchMark Developments, Inc.
11970 Charter Oak Parkway, St Louis MO 63146
Phone: 314-872-2907 / 800-872-3131
Email: Neil_at_bMD.com [NeXT/Mime mail accepted]