forms 4.0 tutorial - available

From: Larry Kruper <lak_at_kaiwan.com>
Date: 2 Jan 1995 00:59:56 GMT

I am new to Oracle, but have Ingres experience. I am starting to get into Oracle Forms 4.0, and have been experimenting with a demo database, but have been making slow progress due to a lack of examples of code. The chess and othello demo games look like fun but don't appear to help me with the simple case of putting master detail relationships on a form. Does anyone know of good examples of forms code that can be disected ?

If there is a better group than this one to post a question like this please let me know.

What I tried so far looks like this :

TABLE AUTHORS

AU_ID
AU_LNAME
AU_FNAME

TABLE TITLEAUTHORS

AU_ID
TITLE_ID
OTHER TABLE TITLES
TITLE_ID
TITLE_NAME
TITLE_DESCRIPTION

I successfully created a Master Detail Block between AUTHORS and TITLEAUTHORS using a join on AU_ID. Where I have a problem is putting a list of TITLES on the same form which updates and displays the titles as the AUTHOR is selected.

Also, some of the Triggers automatically assigned cause an error during generation, especially trigger on delete, so I removed the offending triggers. Guess I'll have to read the manuals on triggers :)

Thanks for anyone kind enough to help out a new Oracle user. Larry Kruper Received on Mon Jan 02 1995 - 01:59:56 CET

Original text of this message