Re: File name browser.

From: Keith Matthews <keithm_at_sweeney.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 1994 15:28:42 +0000

In article <3dstpb$a1p_at_individual.puug.pt>

           fabricio_at_individual.puug.pt "Fabricio Santos" writes:

> Hello to all!
> Does anyone know hwo can I run a file name browser in PL/SQL!
> Is it there any DLL provinding it? Where can I find it?
> And how do I call a DLL function from PL/SQL!
> I would realy appreciate any help you could give me!
> Any answers to:
>
> fabricio_at_individual.puug.pt
>
> Fabricio Santos
> Portugal

Inability to access anything other than the database is THE big limitation of PL/SQL. Your only real hope is to write the browser as a Pro*(something) and communicate with it by a DBMS pipe.

This assumes of course you are on Oracle 7.

--
Keith Matthews                "A consultant is someone who learns by other
                               peoples's mistakes"