Re: Powersoft to drop Oracle support?

From: Eric Pierce <sac50216_at_saclink1.csus.edu>
Date: 31 Dec 1994 08:47:51 GMT

Richard Finkelstein (finkel_at_interaccess.com) wrote:
: In article <3dcmj5$v_at_news2.delphi.com> KCDS_at_news.delphi.com (KCDS_at_DELPHI.COM) writes:
: >From: KCDS_at_news.delphi.com (KCDS_at_DELPHI.COM)
: >Subject: Powersoft to drop Oracle support?
: >Date: 22 Dec 1994 15:12:21 -0500
: >I am rather concerned by this - Oracle users represent something like 30%
: >of Powersoft's customer base. Are they dropping hints that they are
: >going to abandon their Oracle customers, or worse still are they going to
: >try and sell us Sybase (ugh!)?

: >Or perhaps they think that Oracle's new generation of tools is too
: >difficult to compete against :-) ..

... text deleted ...

: expect the same thing to happen with Powersoft. I also think that Oracle will
: begin marketing its new Project X product aggressively against Powerbuilder -
: especially to its Oracle customers.

: Regards,

: Rich

WOW! are you THE Richard Finkelstein?

Can you give us your brief impression of what Project X is and how it would benefit existing Oracle PC/LAN customers?

Thanks,

EP Received on Sat Dec 31 1994 - 09:47:51 CET

Original text of this message