Re: SQL*FORMS V3 Block Co-ordination Riddle

From: L. Carl Pedersen <l.carl.pedersen_at_dartmouth.edu>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 1994 00:00:05 -0500

In article <3e196t$l7v_at_atlas.bgers.co.uk>, Ian Bainbridge wrote:

> -I have a question about an SQL*FORMS V3 riddle that I hope someone
> can shed some light on.

 [stuff omitted]

> My question is this :-
>
> When a block co-ordination trigger executes
>
> clear_groups_details(FALSE, ASK_COMMIT);
>
> how does
>
> procedure clear_groups_details ( checkmaster boolean, opt number )
>
> map ASK_COMMIT to a number parameter and why ?
>
> Am I just becoming senile or am I missing something blatently obvious
> (and if so I apologize for wasting people's time and bandwidth)

ASK_COMMIT is a named numeric constant defined in a scope external to the form. many of the packaged procedures are designed to accept numeric parameters like this - where there are globally defined names for the values.

you are not senile. i think the only place this is described is in the README file for forms. ask your dba if you don't know how to find it. or send me email and i'll help you find it. Received on Sat Dec 31 1994 - 06:00:05 CET

Original text of this message