strange oracle status after disconnect

From: Theresa A. Bixby <tab_at_goldmoon.tfs.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 1994 18:11:12 GMT

Could anyone shed some light on a
mysterious intermittent oracle connect problems we've seen on Oracle 7. We already know that our Oracle API does not allow sucessive connects without an explicit disconnet.

Our disconnect code does a "EXEC SQL COMMIT RELEASE"

The Oracle status code is -1012: "not logged on"

Does this indicate that we have NOT successfully disconnected? Our connect code indicates success and we are able to do the necessary db functions. Again, this problem is only intermittent. Could it be a timing issue, i.e. oracle can't handle connects and disconnects that are too close together? Received on Fri Dec 30 1994 - 19:11:12 CET

Original text of this message