Re: help : report 2.0

From: Alex Long <paladin_at_along.dialix.oz.au>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 1994 07:07:55 GMT

In article <3drv78$e82_at_raffles.technet.sg>, S H CHUA (shchua_at_technet.sg) writes:
>I need to print a list of customers which satisfy a condition, say
>comply_flag = 'Y'.
>To check whether the customer is to be included in the report, I need a
>program unit to determine the value of the comply_flag using cursors and
>some complicated checks against other tables. ( i just can't think of a
>single select statement to pick out customers with comply_flag='Y')
>
>How do I write the query to retrieve only customers with comply_flag='Y'?

G'Day,

Am I missing some key element here?

Would a select statememnt like this work?

SELECT COLUMN, COLUMN etc.
FROM TABLE
WHERE CONDITION
AND CONDITION
AND COMPLY_FLAG= 'Y' If the comply_flag is not necessarily set to 'Y' but you can describe the conditionas that would qualify or disqualify a customer from the list, that may be solved by successive select statements (Sub-queries).

Maybe, if you could explain your problem in more detail?

Regards,

AJL

Alex Long
paladin_at_along.dialix.oz.au