Re: TCPware for OpenVMS & SQL*Net

From: Tom Stanley <stanley_tom_at_radian.com>
Date: 30 Dec 1994 15:57:26 GMT

In article <3dnc0s$5ol_at_tukki.cc.jyu.fi>, tojala_at_network.cc.jyu.fi (Tauno Olavi Ojala) says:

> According to the Oracle manuals (rel 7.1) TCPware for OpenVMS
> seems to be supported with Oracle SQL*Net 1.2 (although there
> was some confusion when I checked this from Oracle Finland last
> summer). The same is not true with SQL*Net 2.0 and 2.1: TCPware
> no longer exists on the "supported list". Why is that? Does it
> work anyway? How do I configure it (Wollongong?, UCX?)?
>
> Thanks in advance!

I just finished configuring a VMS cluster for SQLNET V1.2 and V2.0 using TCPWare. Oracle India told us that TCPWare was no longer to supported. When I called support, they informed me that TCPWare would be supported.

Oracle India suggested we use Wollongong as it is more standard. We will stay with TCPWare. Good Luck.

Best Regards,

Tom Stanley Received on Fri Dec 30 1994 - 16:57:26 CET

Original text of this message