Re: Wanted: RAID Benchmarks

From: Rick Jones <raj_at_cup.hp.com>
Date: 30 Dec 1994 02:30:25 GMT

Tim Bray (a07893_at_giant.rsoft.bc.ca) wrote:
: Uh, I don't get it. A RAID is a disk, right, only faster and more
: robust, right? Do I care what it is inside? There are a variety of
: pretty good I/O benchmarks out there, including <blush> my own
: Bonnie, IOZONE, and the big one from Patterson et al that everyone
: says is the bee's knees. These

I have no factual basis for this statement, but perhaps one interesting thing to measure with a RAID device is how long it takes to "repair" the partition when one replaces a bad mech. Another possibly interesting measurement would be the effect of concurrent access on this facility (and it's effect on concurrent access)

rick jones Received on Fri Dec 30 1994 - 03:30:25 CET

Original text of this message