Re: Forms 3: Keeping pop-up page on screen.

From: Steven Whatley <swhatle_at_starbase.neosoft.com>
Date: 29 Dec 1994 14:11:45 GMT

David Hiltz (dhiltz_at_whsun2.whoi.edu) wrote:
: I'm trying to setup a pop-up page that displays inside of forms, but only
: under certain conditions. I would like to display the page then have it
: remain on the screen while I navigate to another block. I get the page to
: pop-up (as long as I navigate into the pop-up page, but as soon as I leave
: the page/block, it disappears. I don't have "Remove on Exit" set.

:

: SHOW_PAGE does not seem to bring the pop-up to life (only navigating into
: the page seems to do this).

If the page you are navigating to overlaps the pop-up page then it will cover pop-up page when it is the active page. The pop-up page is still there but in the background. One solution, if possible, is to split up the page that is covering up the pop-up page into into a couple or more pages. With this method you will have to display all of the parts of the main screen with the form starts. NOTE: The dashes represent page edges and not borders. With this method you can navigate to page 1 and 3 without 3 disappearing.

    /-------------------\       /-------------------\
    |1                  |       |1                  |
    |                   |       |                   |
    |                   |       \-------------------/
    |  /--------------\ |  ==>  /--/--------------\-\
    |  |2             | |       |2 |3             | |

Hope this helps,
Steven

 _   _  _ _  __ : Steven Whatley              \ The opinions expressed are my
|_  |_|  |  |   : System Analyst/Programmer    \ own.  You may freely copy,
 _| | | _|_ |__ : swhatle_at_starbase.neosoft.com  \_use,_or_ignore_them._______
Scientific Applications International Corporation (An employee-owned company) Received on Thu Dec 29 1994 - 15:11:45 CET

Original text of this message