Free Oracle CDE2 Software!

From: Dennis Moore <dbmoore_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 28 Dec 1994 22:00:07 GMT

Call our faxback line at US (703) 777-2216 for more information on Oracle Cooperative Development Environment 2 (CDE2) and the programs below. More than 1000 people have signed up for PowerSwitch so far as a result of our InterNet post, and unfortunately the Ambassador Training class is now full, but we're cutting more CDs and hope you will try out the next generation of client/server tools!

Oracle Cooperative Development Environment (CDE) is our suite of modeling, programming, and ad hoc data access tools for the client/server database market. The new Cooperative Development Environment 2 (CDE2) release extends the power and capabilities of client/server development to unprecedented levels, and as of November 8, 1994, CDE2 Tools and Data Access products have entered Software Developer's Kit (SDK) status on the Microsoft Windows platform. But that's not all the good news. Due to CDE2's great popularity, there have been numerous requests for our products. As a response, we are making our exciting new technology available in the form of a free evaluation copy of the "Oracle CDE2 Tools SDK" under a promotional event called "PowerSwitch." With this release, developers can pilot-test mission-critical applications for deployment immediately upon production shipment of the products. The SDK program is the final stage prior to general availability of Oracle's products. This means there are still bugs here and there, but we feel confident that you will find the quality sufficient to get started. The "Oracle CDE2 Tools SDK" includes Oracle Forms 4.5, Oracle Reports 2.5, Oracle Graphics 2.5, and Oracle Procedure Builder 1.5. All you have to do to receive your free copy is to call our automated fax response # (703) 777-2216 for the Non Disclosure, and order form. Then fax back the forms to receive your free CD. If you fax it right away you will receive your CD before New Years. How's that for a deal?

Oracle Cooperative Development Environment 2 (CDE2) is the latest upgrade to Oracle's suite of products for client/server application development. CDE2 is a major enhancement, extending Oracle's offering with advanced support for distributed databases, replication, drag-and-drop application partitioning, scalability to tens of thousands of client/server users, full Windows support, full Macintosh support, full Motif support, character mode support, redesigned developer interfaces, improved performance, object oriented 4GL tools, a new emphasis on the individual and workgroup user, and full openness. CDE2 is comprised of products in three areas - CDE2 Data Access, CDE2 Tools and CDE2 CASE - integrated within the families and across the life cycle through a full life cycle approach and a shared repository. Received on Wed Dec 28 1994 - 23:00:07 CET

Original text of this message