Re: Archive log files to two locations?

From: Willy Klotz <willyk_at_kbigate.stgt.sub.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 94 21:51:33 GMT

lcrawley_at_lyceum.com writes in article <3dpogi$bo7_at_metro.atlanta.com>:

> we are a new sco/oracle site, and are trying to maximize availability in
> case of a h/w component failure.
>
> it does not seem possible to have the log files archived to two
> seperate directories at the same time. if this is the case, does anyone
> have a shell script or any advice on how to accomplish this?

we use rdist to copy the archived logs to another machine; in your case you may be able to simply do a copy to a second file-system. you can use crontab-entrys to do this.

Willy Klotz

Willys Mail     FidoNet   2:2474/117  2:2474/118     Mail Only System
                CIS: 100020,3517       USR Courier HST dual standard
                willyk_at_kbigate.stgt.sub.org
                ->   No Request from 06.00 to 08.00 <-