Re: Oracle web site???

From: Eric Pierce <sac50216_at_saclink1.csus.edu>
Date: 28 Dec 1994 19:43:29 GMT

Craig Sivils (csivils_at_Starbase.NeoSoft.COM) wrote:
: >It is possible to protect areas with passwords (i.e. CSI numbers etc) so you
: >can still milk us for support money; even over the internet.
: >
: YES YES YES!

: Oracle, are you listening!!!!!!
: When I have a direct connect to the internet sitting on my desktop, WHY WHY WHY
: would I want to dial up compuserv? At IOUW, you had this big buck computer
: survey on the support stuff and not once did you ask, do I want it on
: compuserv. My contract DOES pay for support, and my current options are:
: mess through a dial up support system I don't like to talk to someone who
: probabbly won't even understand the question. I know my Oracle, if I get
: in a bind, its usually not a simple problem. I would be more than happy
: to catagorize the problem for you in return for something like web access or
: email access solve the problems. In fact having email access with reciepts
: to show our project engineer progress on it, would be a dream. You got a
: good market here, why isn't Oracle trying to make money off it?

: Craig

I've got "Bronze" support for the Netware server, and it includes internet email access to the RTSS at Oracle. This allows you to create and track a support request (aka "TAR"). and look in the bug/fix database that Oracle support uses.

If you can't get somebody at Oracle suport to tell you about it email me at PierceED_at_csus.edu for more information.

EP Received on Wed Dec 28 1994 - 20:43:29 CET

Original text of this message