Re: running forms 3.0 apps under Windows?

From: Richard D Holowczak <holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: 27 Dec 1994 14:12:13 -0500

I am pretty sure that the set of tools that comes with Oracle 6.0A for DOS has the runform and runmenu programs that will work under Windows. This is how we are using SQL*Forms for our Windows users with only 8 meg of RAM.

We also use SQL*Net IPX/SPX. We use the Windows version not the DOS version though.

The results are not all that nice. Basically it looks just like a DOS program running in a window. The mouse is useless but all other function keys work accordingly.

Note that the font size cannot be changed so for those who are running Windows in 1024 X 768 mode, the SQL*Forms window is very small.

Everything you need to know should be in the SQL*Forms or DOS tools install guide. If you need additional help, let me know.

Rich Holowczak
Rutgers University
holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu Received on Tue Dec 27 1994 - 20:12:13 CET

Original text of this message