HELP: CONNECT to 2 non-default DB's

From: Michael Alexander <mmalex_at_world.std.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 1994 22:21:07 GMT

I am having trouble connecting to two non-default databases. I am running on a Sun machine with TCP/IP. I am using the following CONNECT statement:

VARCHAR db_string;
char db_name;

     strcpy(db_string,"T:typhoon-iwa");
     db_string.len = strlen(db_string.arr);
     EXEC SQL DECLARE db_name DATABASE;
     EXEC SQL CONNECT :username IDENTIFIED BY :password
     AT c_db_name,
     USING :db_string;

I am a client with host name "sleet". The server is host name "typhoon". The db_name is "iwa". The problem seems to be with "db_string", but I am not sure of the syntax. I am getting errors of ORA-6105 and ORA-6136. I cannot find a description of ORA-6136. Any help would be appreciated. Please send response to mmalex_at_world.std.com Received on Tue Dec 27 1994 - 23:21:07 CET

Original text of this message