financials: check printing problem

From: Brian P. Myrick <myrick_at_clark.net>
Date: 22 Dec 1994 23:03:59 GMT

i've just started a new job, and have a user request for oracle financials. we really don't have a financials guru, and the one guy who know a little is out of the country. if anyone can help me with the following problem, i'd really appreciate it.

the problem

we've got a vendor, abc inc who has invoiced us 132 times for 8 dollars each. (i don't know why, but it's true). we owe that vendor $1056.

the first check prints, and on the stub are 11 line items each for $8, and the check is a gross amount of $88, and a net amount of $88. the check is made out for $88.

the next check prints, and on the stub are 11 more line items each for
$8. this check has a gross amount of $176, a net amount of $88. this
check is made out for $88.

the last check prints 11 line items each for $8. the gross amount is
$1056, the net amount is $88, and the check is made out for $88.

all of the checks are made out for $88. in order to pay the vendor the
$1056, all 12 checks of $88/each must be sent.

the problem is that normally, the checks are made out for the gross amount, not the net amount. in this way, only the last check is sent, but all the stubs are sent. the system zeros out the first 11 checks because the last check is made out for $1056.

now, the checks are made out for the net amount. the bank rejects the checks because electronically, we tell them to honor only the last check which is made out for the total amount.

we have this situation occur at least once a week with various vendors (federal express invoices separately for each delivery, etc...) until recently, everything worked fine. i have no way of knowing what changed to make it act the way it is now.

any ideas/thought/suggestions are very much appreciated. please respon by email if convenient to myrick_at_clark.net

thanks again. Received on Fri Dec 23 1994 - 00:03:59 CET

Original text of this message