A Pro*C question..

From: Vasudev V. Yendapally <vasudevy_at_eng.auburn.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 1994 17:53:05 GMT

Hi,
  I'm trying to "describe" a given table and get the table attributes into some variable names. I'm able to execute any statements that involve "SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE " but when it comes to "describe tablename" no action is performed and I simply exit the program. Can someone explain me how I can get these variables to be stored and can be displayed (using Pro*c ofcourse!)?

Please send any of your replies to my E-Mail address :

vasudevy_at_eng.auburn.edu

Thanks for your time.

Vasu/..

---

Vasudev Yendapally 333 EastMagnolia Ave # 3 Dept. of Computer Science Auburn AL - 36830 Auburn University Phone (205)-821-3501