Re: Yvonne Baumert, Decus Europe Ad-Sig Chr.

From: David Smith at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo <smith_at_netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 1994 08:41:24 GMT

Philip Chee (philip_at_aleytys.pc.my) wrote:
: In article <3d646g$7832_at_usenetp1.news.prodigy.com> EWUT28B_at_prodigy.com writes:
: >
: >YVONNE BAUMERT, DECUS EUROPE AD-SIG CHAIR
: >
: >Ms. Baumert,
: >I know you may find this hard to believe, but your righteous tone, coming
: >from Germany,
: >regarding the American hiring practices of Oracle Corporation, is really
: >quite sillly. You see, it is
: [...cut...]

: For all those David Smith wannabes. Please note that this newsgroup is
: aimed at technical discussions of Oracle products. I am getting really
: annoyed at people cluttering up this newsgroup with stuff like this. If
: you really want to rant there are better places to do so (how about
: alt.talk.politics for example - hint, hint)

I think that your post quite solidly shows that "wah wah" is not limited to Americans and Germans. I would gather the posts on this topic to be about 1% of the comp.database.oracle stuff on my machine. I would also hazard a guess that 25% of the posts here have NO relevance to you and another 25% have very little releavance to your work. Your use of the term "cluttering" is clearly a smokescreen for your true desires to see a continued green light into America for third world dudes like yourself.

: ..FLAME ON...
: Also this is an international newsgroup so piddling problems about the
: decline and fall of pax americana aren't of interest to many of us out
: here in the Pacific Rim (where the economy is booming and immigration
: doesn't seem to affect our economy a whit - in fact we are seeing a lot of
: poor desparate WASP programmers applying for jobs out here :-)). If David
: Smith and Ms. Sands are in any way typical of the products of the US
: education system I am not surprised that they are losing out to better
: educated "foreigners". If David Smith writes code the way he writes
: newsgroup postings I very much doubt if any employer in his or her right
: mind would hire him.
: ...FLAME OFF...
Yes, you third world Asian countries really take in lots of immigrants. And of course, WASP programmers are beating the door down trying to get in. And certainly, I am very saddened to hear that I can't go over to Malaysia and work for you, as a smug cry baby Malaysian has always been my ideal boss. But you were right about the decline and fall of America.

: Just to bring this thread vaguely back to topic. Oracle Malaysia has had
: a very good year in expanding it's sales and is actively looking for more
: staff in all positions. If you Yanks can't find a job at home why don't
: you try applying to a Pacific Rim country such as Malaysia and Singapore?
: Of course you will have to be able to take exotic food though :-) Sharks
: Fin anybody?

: Philip
: --
: |Philip Chee: philip_at_aleytys.pc.my| This is a work of fiction.Any resemblance |
: |Tasek Cement Berhad | to persons living or dead is completely |
: |P.O.Box 254, 30908 Ipoh, MALAYSIA| coincidental. The creator of this article |
: |Voice: +605-551-011 | has asserted its moral right to be |
: | Fax: +605-566-142 | identified as the author. |
: +-------------------Eigi-Eru-Enn-Allir-Jomsvikingar-Daudir!-------------------+