Re: Performance TOOLS

From: Thomas Conte <Thomas.Conte_at_DaytonOH.NCR.COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 1994 13:52:32 GMT

Currently I'm working with UNIVISIONs DBVision and Server Vision products 2.1 Beta version. In the short time I've been using it I'm sold. Even if never figure out everyone of the Scan types this product includes it is worth it just for the alarms that come standard with it.

Alarms I have run into so far include tablespaces filling up, users waiting on locked tables, tablespaces being fragmented, as well as a few others that I can't think of right now.

Using the information from server vision I have identified portions of my database that need to be moved due to I/O contention.

These products have the ability to present the user with so much information they can be quite overwhelming to use in the beginning.

Thomas Conte
AT&T Global Information Solutions Received on Thu Dec 22 1994 - 14:52:32 CET

Original text of this message