Re: Oracle7 and Microsoft Query

From: Franz Keller <franz.keller_at_roche.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 1994 09:32:10 GMT

In article <3d99r6$fet_at_ef2007.efhd.ford.com>, wmeahan_at_ef0424.efhd.ford.com (Bill Meahan) says:

>Sure you can!

<Snip>

>Generally speaking, ODBC drivers for Oracle 6 **will** work with Oracle 7 with some loss of functionality
>or performance compared to a "native" Oracle 7 driver. Oracle 7 drivers will never work with
>Oracle 6, however.

When I was trying to use the Oracle 7 driver from Oracle I encountered a strange problem with long fields. It seemed to cut off every 256th character. Does anyone have a hint whether this is fixed now, or which other driver should be used?

Regards

        Franz Received on Thu Dec 22 1994 - 10:32:10 CET

Original text of this message