Re: Oracle and Non-Green Card Indians

From: David Smith at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo <smith_at_netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 1994 08:54:46 GMT

Hank Oredson (hanko_at_wv.mentorg.com) wrote:
: In article <smithD13t3r.HBz_at_netcom.com>, smith_at_netcom.com ( David Smith at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo) writes:
: |> Hank Oredson (hanko_at_wv.mentorg.com) wrote:
: |> : In article <smithD11wv6.ECM_at_netcom.com>, smith_at_netcom.com ( David Smith at
: |> : Cal Poly San Luis Obispo) babbles yet again:
: |>
: |>
: |> : |> ... And clearly as we take in the desperate third world hordes ...
: |>
: |>
: |> : Who is this "we", white man?
: |>
: |> Hank, I can't tell if you are suggesting that we is white man, or your are
: |> calling me a white man. In any event, it is AMERICA that is taking in the
: |> desperate hordes, via their liberal immigration policy regarding new citizens,
: |> and it is Oracle Corporation, and other companies looking for an easy way to
: |> save a buck, at the expense of American workers, who take in the desperate
: |> H-1 Visa non-citizen, non-Green card laborers, who are ever so happy to leave
: |> the terrible countries that they were born in, rather than trying to bloom
: |> where they were planted. Were it not for only a tiny handful of countries:
: |> America, Canada, Australia, and previously the U.K., these people would
: |> be forced to make their own countries livable, and wouldn't desert
: |> family and friends in order to help corporations save money, and construction
: |> firms boom, here in America, all at the expense of jobs and housing costs and
: |> pollution, and resource depletion, to current Americans.

: Sorry to hear that you have not been in this country long enough
: to recognize a standard joke. Clearly you are not an American citizen,
: as your comment above states. So my guess is that it is you yourself who
: is a "green card or non-green card laborer". Why you pick on Oracle I
: do not know, perhaps they refused to hire you? Certainly I would avoid
: hiring you, were to you apply for any job I had.

Boy, Hank, you're a sharpie. You smoked me out. That standard joke really did the trick. I should have recognized that from all the times I watch Leno and Letterman. Yes, I am a non-Green card Indian. My real name is Sanji Gupta. I was brought here after my post-graduate work in India to work for Oracle in Worldwide Technical Support. I was fired after 3 months for suggesting that we non-citizen Indians be paid what the citizens were making. I was told that if they had to pay me what they paid the citizens, they never would have brought me over in the first place. I am glad I am out now, but do still hold a grudge that they think they can treat their H1 Indian employees in a sub-standard manner. I was not impressed with the management there, and feel that they are the types who need cheap foreign labor in order to cover up their ineptness.

: Please follow up to appropriate news groups. comp.databases.oracle
: is not an appropriate forum for the discussion of social policy.

: Your continual posting of inane comments is an annoyance to those of
: us who use this newsgroup for it's intended purpose.

I have come to love this country Hank, but I do find you white men to be a bit whiney. I think if you were to travel the world and taste other cultures, you would be a better man. If fact, I encourage you to scale Mt. Everest, in the winter. The experience would give you the strength and tolerance to read through a newsgroup without going "wah wah" if you see a post or two you don't care for. You may also want to try chugging a quart of the hottest curry sauce you can find. Good luck and God bless you my good man.

: ... Hank

: --

: Hank Oredson _at_ Mentor Graphics Library Operations
: Internet : hank_oredson_at_mentorg.com "Parts 'R Us!"
: Amateur Radio: W0RLI_at_W0RLI.OR.USA.NOAM