Re: Oracle web site???

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_wwsun10.us.oracle.com>
Date: 20 Dec 1994 23:13:37 GMT

In article <3d73gl$q92_at_Starbase.NeoSoft.COM>, csivils_at_Starbase.NeoSoft.COM (Craig Sivils) writes:
|> >It is possible to protect areas with passwords (i.e. CSI numbers etc) so you
|> >can still milk us for support money; even over the internet.
|> >
|> YES YES YES!
|>
|> Oracle, are you listening!!!!!!
|> When I have a direct connect to the internet sitting on my desktop, WHY WHY WHY
|> would I want to dial up compuserv? At IOUW, you had this big buck computer
|> survey on the support stuff and not once did you ask, do I want it on
|> compuserv. My contract DOES pay for support, and my current options are:
|> mess through a dial up support system I don't like to talk to someone who
|> probabbly won't even understand the question. I know my Oracle, if I get
|> in a bind, its usually not a simple problem. I would be more than happy
|> to catagorize the problem for you in return for something like web access or
|> email access solve the problems. In fact having email access with reciepts
|> to show our project engineer progress on it, would be a dream. You got a
|> good market here, why isn't Oracle trying to make money off it?
|>
|> Craig

Support DOES have email access now! Send email to supreq_at_us.oracle.com. It will reply with instructions. You can create and/or update tars with this. And Support is working on a web server (yes I know that we've been saying that for a while, but it is true).

My own opinions, etc, etc. Received on Wed Dec 21 1994 - 00:13:37 CET

Original text of this message