Re: Recommendations? Need image-capable DBMS for Sun

From: Tony Schloss <schloss_at_clark.net>
Date: 20 Dec 1994 22:28:10 GMT

Mark McWiggins (markdmc_at_netcom.com) wrote:
: Sorry for the wide crosspost, but I'm a bit blank on this ...
: I'm working on an online catalog (WWW) application to run on a Sparc 2.
: I need something that will:
: * smoothly handle image data
: * work reliably
: * have a programmatic interface via perl, gcc, or g++
: * not overwhelm this machine running a dataases of 15K
: records (maybe 300 bytes of textual data + one or two GIFs
: per record) in its biggest table

We primarily use BRS, and we're migrating some of our image databases to Oracle v7.0 for testing purposes now. BRS works fine for what we do, and I am guessing Oracle will as well.

 --

Tony Schloss (schloss_at_clark.net)
Senior Systems Analyst

Original text of this message