Yvonne Baumert, Decus Europe Ad-Sig Chr.

From: Barbara Sands <EWUT28B_at_prodigy.com>
Date: 20 Dec 1994 08:21:36 GMT

YVONNE BAUMERT, DECUS EUROPE AD-SIG CHAIR Ms. Baumert,
I know you may find this hard to believe, but your righteous tone, coming from Germany,
regarding the American hiring practices of Oracle Corporation, is really
quite sillly. You see, it is
clearly none of your business. However, since you insist on adding your indignant two cents
worth, I must point out that you have already stated your prejudice on the matter of Oracle
Corporation hiring large numbers of non-citizen cheap foreign labor from India - It may surprise
you to know that not everyone prefers their lovers to be foreigners, nor do they so willingly
succumb to the differences and perhaps primitiveness of those that speak another tongue, as
you have advocated. And they do not hold the rights and welfare of non- citizens and foreigners,
above the rights and welfare of their fellow countrymen. Most people bond and feel kinship and
empathy for their fellow citizens. You are quite rare in your greater empathy for the non-citizens
of foreign lands, but if you begin to think with your heart and soul, and don't let your own
proclivities, attractions and deviations be the driving force in your mind, I am quite sure that you
will not feel the need to try and shout down debate in another hemisphere. Don't worry though,
there will still be plenty of non-citizens in this country for you to "chat" with on your next holiday
visit here, regardless of whether Oracle Corporation continues to bring in massive numbers of
H1 Visa workers, as a means of cutting their costs.

Barbara Received on Tue Dec 20 1994 - 09:21:36 CET

Original text of this message