Re: Running ORACLE w/ no loggin ?

From: Lawrence James <James.Lawrence_at_epamail.epa.gov>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 1994 11:30:13 GMT

In article <3cob9i$669_at_marlin.ssnet.com> jminnich_at_bugaboo.ssnet.com (Joe Minnich) writes:
>From: jminnich_at_bugaboo.ssnet.com (Joe Minnich)
>Subject: Running ORACLE w/ no loggin ?
>Date: 15 Dec 1994 02:56:50 GMT

>Does any know if there is somewhat to run ORACLE with
>all logging disabled. Informix apparently has this
>feature. I would love to be able to run ORACLE in a
>non-transactional mode for a specific type of application

While I can see some advantages to this, I've never heard of the ability to do this. Related they are adding 'read only' tablespaces, mostly for CD support.  On the regular database if you don't start a transaction there won't be any logging. Or do you want to do transactions but not have them be recoverable?