Re: Q: Oracle does not come up after reboot server

From: Steve Blair <smblair_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 1994 13:39:21 GMT

Henry H. Kwok (wdm2_at_ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: I just installed Oracle 7.0.15 on an AIX 3.2.5 server. After the
: installation, I was able to get into ORACLE ok (use SQLDBA or SQLPLUS).
: But after I reboot my server, I could not get into ORACLE anymore. If I
: use SQLDBA, I got the following errors:
: Could not load program oracleCMDB (CMDB is my ORACLE_SID)
: Symbol kaio_rdwr in /usr/lib/libc.a is undefined
: Symbol iosuspend in /usr/lib/libc.a is undefined
: Symbol acancel in /usr/lib/libc.a is undefined
: Symbol listio in /usr/lib/libc.a is undefined
: Could not load library libc.a[aio.o]
: Error was: Exec format error
: ORA-12547: TNS: lost contact
:
: I did a "ps" and could not find any ORACLE background process (ora_dbwr,
: ora_lgwr, ora_pmon, etc.). My /etc/inittab does have the following lines
: that ORACLE put in: /etc/loadext /etc/pw-syscall
: /etc/loadext /etc/adspc
: /etc/adspcinit
:
: Are those the commands that start up the ORACLE processes ? If they are,
: why are they not started ?
:
: Please help, thanks.

You need to have asynchronous I/O turned on. this is not done through the install process, and must be done manually. You can sign on as root as type

# smit aio

this will ensure that asynchronous I/O is turned on at each system restart.

--
Steve Blair                  Information Systems
Illinois State University    internet:  smblair_at_ilstu.edu