Re: Help! Trouble installing SCO Oracle

From: W. C. Epperson <epperson_at_pen.k12.va.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 1994 17:39:54 GMT

 (smith117_at_delphi.com) writes:
> Gary Assa <gsa_at_panix.com> writes:
>
> >>I was following the instructions given for installing from a CDROM
> >>when the following error messages occured:
> >>

> >Get used of the shitty Oracle installs. They just are unrealiable.
 [snip]

> This has more to do with the SCO CD driver than the Oracle "shitty" install
> process.

Nonetheless, the statement is accurate. I've installed Oracle products over DOS, OS/2, Vines, and several "ixes". Ack. I'm here now looking for help with a SCO "ocore" install that doesn't seem to bring the requisite libraries off the tape, nor include proper references to the /usr/lib/lib*.a libraries. But then, I just found a place in one of the product install scripts where they explicitly make a file non-executable (chmod 644), then try to execute it, so what would you expect from their unloads and make files?

W.C. Epperson
Senior SE "My opinions only; any resemblence to the opinions of a Va. Dept. of Ed. real person or organization are purely coincidental." Received on Tue Dec 20 1994 - 18:39:54 CET

Original text of this message