Re: Should we backup TEMP tablespace

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 18 Dec 1994 18:45:17 -0500

In article <3cpin5$r5l_at_dcsun4.us.oracle.com>, mtheriau_at_us.oracle.com (Marlene L Theriault) writes:

short version 'Necessary'.

If temp is dedicated to Oracle internal use only then should the system take
a hit everything in temp is garbage as all active trans will be rolled back. Should
temp itself take a hit, then I am under the impression that temp can be altered
offline, dropped, and reallocated. Since I missed the note her 'correction' was
too, I would appreciate being informed if this is wrong.

Sincerely,

Mark                          No witty slogan