"New: Oracle 7 & Windows NT 3.5"

From: TRY ME...... <edb_gunder_at_debet.nhh.no>
Date: 17 Dec 94 15:41:41 MET

I have tried to use OWS for NT version 7.0.15.6.0 on NT 3.5 Workstation (build 807). First time I install it everything seems fine. I got som problems with named pipes communication and tried to reinstall it. Then the installation procedure crashed the machine. After some retries the machine would not boot anymore. It hang after it as told me about the version of NT, how many processors and how much ram it has.

After a COMPLETE reinstallation of NT I tried to install OWS again. This time it worked fine. I also installed Oracle Reports 2.0 and everything was pure happiness! I wanted to take some files from MS-Access to OWS. When I tried to install Access the machine crashed again and I am now trying to reinstall NT one more time.

My NT implementation has been completly stabile until I started to play around with OWS. Has anybody expirienced the same or even better have a workaround for me?

The relevant hardware I use is the following DEC Celebris 590, 32 MB RAM, 1 GB SCSI-II Conner disk. Adaptec 2940 SCSI-II wide controller
COMPAQ SCSI-II CD-ROM Gunder

--
Gunder Sønsteby
Economy Consultant