Oracle V. 7.0.16 Export Problems

From: -K.LANG <klang_at_mantic.att.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 1994 23:05:50 GMT

 Hello. Just recently my database started to experience problems when attempting an export. The following output appears:

  About to export specified users....
  About to export XXXXX's objects ...
. exporting snapshots
. exporting snapshot logs
. export database links
. exporting sequence numbers
. exporting cluster definitions
. exporting stored procedures

 EXP-000008: Oracle error 904 encountered
 ORA-00904: invalid column name
 EXP-00222:

  System Error Message
 EXP-00000: export Terminated unsuccessfully

 There are no stored procedures in the database. There is one trigger, though. The database we are exporting is functioning without problem, so its not like we're missing any user defined tables or anything.

Error 904 is the Error Code Manual is pretty vague. What exactly should I be looking for that is invalid ? A system table perhaps ?

VALID INFO:   SUN SPARC/20 running SUNOS 4.1.3
  ORACLE 7.0.15 upgraded to 7.0.16
  ORACLE CDE TOOLS (FORMS 4.0.11 upgraded to 4.0.12.4.1)

Both export and import worked in the past. This error message has just popped up recently. (maybe as a result of a bad import script?)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken
klang_at_hostara.att.com Received on Fri Dec 16 1994 - 00:05:50 CET

Original text of this message