Re: ANYONE RUNNING ORACLE/UNIXWARE?

From: Robert DuMoulin <rdumouli_at_lanier.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 1994 21:40:14 GMT

Timothy Wong (roadgoat_at_crl.com) wrote:
: Andrew McAllister wrote that Oracleware does not come with 30 days free
: tech support. It does come with 30 days free technical support. The policy
: is that the support starts on the day you activate the Oracle7 key
: (you have to call Oracle to get the key). So if you do an install and
: come back to it 60 days later, you have to buy a support contract.
: --
: Tim Wong
: roadgoat_at_crl.com
: "No TV, and no beer, makes Homer go something something. . . "

Somebody needs to tell Oracle that is their policy because it sure isn't what I was told. Hell they jerked like I've never been jerked by Oracle. Not to beat a dead horse, but I started having reservations on Oracle's ability to perform support about a year ago. I wonder if it has anyting to do with hiring people from India (I couldn't resist due to the trash being placed on this group. Of course I didn't mean that remark).

#include <CORPORATE_DISCLAIMER.h>  ***
#include <RELEASE_OF_LIABILITY.h> ***     You're only a whore
#include <TYPOLOGICAL_DENIAL.h>  ***    when you ask for money.
#include <PRAISE_FOR_FSU.h>     ***          Work for free.