Re: Problems building Oraperl

From: <johnsona_at_ashley.cofc.edu>
Date: 15 Dec 94 07:10:52 -0500

In article <MLOENNRO.94Dec11113834_at_ubik.se.oracle.com>, mloennro_at_se.oracle.com (Magnus Lonnroth) writes:

> NOTE: Please reply by email to kmontino_at_us.oracle.com or followup to
> comp.databases.oracle.
>
> I am trying to build oraperl 2.4 on Solaris 2.3 with Oracle7 and Perl 5.0,
> since this is the latest version of Perl. Has anyone done this before? I am
> getting:

Sorry, dude, but it ain't that easy. The usub extensions from perl 4 are not applicable in perl 5. To make matters worse, the Oracle extensions have not yet been ported to Perl 5. The DBPerl group is working fast and furiously on this one, but it ain't there yet. You will either have to do it yourself or stick with perl 4 for now. Join a large frustrated crowd!

Alan Johnson
General Engineering Labs
Charleston,SC 29414
alan.johnson_at_gel.com
johnsona_at_ashley.cofc.edu Received on Thu Dec 15 1994 - 13:10:52 CET

Original text of this message