Oracle on Netware

From: Richard C. Li <lirc_at_pb.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 1994 15:56:34 GMT

Hi, Would any body there help me out of those two questions? I have Oracle 7.0.16.. running on a Netware server with distributed function enabled, and have a client running SQL*PLUS for Windows. Here is my questions: 1. Just right after my server network cable is disconnected, if I do any SQL statement such as SELECT or INSERT or UPDATE, SQL*PLUS will hang my client PC. There is no error return at all. Does anybody know why and how to prevent the client hang?
2. If my client network cable is disconnected, I cannot just do "CONNECT" from SQL*PLUS to reestablish the connection after I plug the cable back. I have to EXIT Windows and restart Windows in order to connect the client to the server. Does anybody know why and what the turn around? Any help will be appreciated. My email address:lirc_at_pb.com Received on Thu Dec 15 1994 - 16:56:34 CET

Original text of this message