Re: SQL*Loader question

From: Adam Hoffman <hoffma_at_rpi.edu>
Date: 15 Dec 1994 13:18:56 GMT

In article <D0tII3.6q3_at_world.std.com>, lyoung_at_world.std.com (Larry Young) says:

> I am attempting to load a stream of data where I need to skip the
>first 132 bytes. I am loading a number of different files. All of the files
>have 132 bytes blank before the beginning of real data. Depending on the
>file, the record lengths can be smaller or larger than 132. Using SQL*Loader
>is there a way of skipping the first 132 bytes? Thank you in advance for
>any assistance with this problem.
>
>lyoung_at_world.std.com

In your SQL*LOADER script explicitly set the columns such as

RealData1      POSITION(133:143)  CHAR,
RealData2      POSITION(144:156)  CHAR etc..

This will tell SQL*LOADER to load the data at the specific positions. Received on Thu Dec 15 1994 - 14:18:56 CET

Original text of this message