Re: Q: Another oracle install fail. WHY!?!

From: Matt Lih <lih_at_venice.sedd.trw.com>
Date: 14 Dec 1994 10:47:45 -0800

In article <3ckv3b$lpf_at_quartz.ucs.ualberta.ca> ryoung_at_ischemia.ucs.ualberta.ca writes:
>Well, I've installed Oracle 7.0.12... to 7.1.3... on two RS/6000's,
>two SUN's (SunOS Release 4.1.3 and SunOS Release 4.1.3_U1) and several
>Novell servers (Netware 3.11, 3.12 and 4.01). The only problems encountered
>were when the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable was not set correctly.
>
>I have no problems with the installation scripts or the support received
>from Oracle.
>

>Ralph G. Young
>Oracle Technical Support

 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>Computing & Network Services
>RM 352, General Services Bldg
>University of Alberta
>Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
>T6G 2H1

Well, geez, Ralph, I wonder why?

I've noticed that even the consultants have to call in to Oracle's phone support, but they seem to get better service.

Actually, I had what *would* have been a positive experience a few days ago, but then the Oracle people I was working with had to go and try to score some cheap points with our customer at our expense.

I wouldn't go bragging about being with Oracle, if I were you. (OTOH, if "Oracle Technical Support" is a statement of your function, and not a statement that you work for Oracle, I apologize. My remarks about Oracle still stand, though.)

Matt Lih (lih_at_venice.sedd.trw.com) Received on Wed Dec 14 1994 - 19:47:45 CET

Original text of this message