Re: IMPort Utility sucks

From: Dave Crowson <dcrowson_at_amoco.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 1994 17:06:02

In article <3cn4mv$28au_at_news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net> gsalem_at_ibm.net writes:

>I've using Oracle for several years now,
>These last two days, I've been battling with the IMPort utility:
>Is there any way to tell it not to use the "storage" clause that it has, and
>use the default instead?
>I'm trying to rebuild a test database out of a production one (a big one), and
>I do not have all the space that it needs. So I keep getting the 1547 error
>message

Yes, create the tables first then do the import.

Yuo can generate a create script by doing an import with the paramater indexfile=crtab.sql

then edit crtab.sql , and run it.

David Crowson   =%^)    |"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go.
Oracle Consultant       | I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to
(since 1983)            | move, to get down off this featherbed of civilisation
Amoco IT Services London| and to find the globe granite underneath and strewn
"My views not Amoex's"  | with cutting flints" : Robert Louis Stevenson
Replies to : igotan_at_ombomb.demon.co.uk or weirdguy_at_cix.compulink.co.uk Received on Wed Dec 14 1994 - 17:06:02 CET

Original text of this message