Re: ANYONE RUNNING ORACLE/UNIXWARE?

From: Andrew McAllister <mcallister_at_neptune.grad.missouri.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 1994 13:19:57

> Is anyone running Oracle and Unixware? Is it a wise choice?
> I would like to hear any comments reagarding this marriage.
>
> Thanks

We've been running it since August. There are two versions: 1) Oracleware for Unixware.

    Easy to install, comes with a copy of unixware, has HORRIBLE DOCUMENTATION, and has a gross tcp/ip bug in it. (No free technical support, not even for the first 30 days)

2) Oracle for SVR4 unix (Unixware and others).

    Hard to install, no unixware included, GREAT PAPER DOCUMENTATION,     and no TCP/IP bug. (Supposed to get free tech support for 30 days)

We had number 1 above, found the tcpip bug and demanded an upgrade. There was no upgrade for Oracleware, so they sent number 2 above. Now we very are happy, because we have documentation, and a very robust and highly functional database server. (Never crashed yet :) and Unixware is stable too)

Andrew McAllister -- mcallister_at_neptune.grad.missouri.edu Office of Research, University of Missouri-Columbia The views above are not those of my employer. Received on Wed Dec 14 1994 - 13:19:57 CET

Original text of this message