Re: "Oracle 7 & Windows NT 3.5"

From: Larry Thomas <Thomas.Larry_at_teradyne.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 1994 15:28:21 -0500

In article <singerap.40.000AEDAE_at_powergrid.electriciti.com>, singerap_at_powergrid.electriciti.com (Paul Singer) wrote:

> In article <3c7vlp$irj_at_newsbf01.news.aol.com> ivowillems_at_aol.com
 (IvoWillems) writes:
> >From: ivowillems_at_aol.com (IvoWillems)
> >Subject: Re: "Oracle 7 & Windows NT 3.5"
> >Date: 8 Dec 1994 17:00:25 -0500

> >We are now several months furhter ahead. What is the latest status on
> >Oracle v7 and Windows NT 3.5?

> >Ivo Willems
>
> I called Oracle yesterday re. just this issue. The current release of 7 for
> NT (release for NT 3.2) does run on 3.5 more or less ( I have been running
> this for a while but I do not stress the database much )
>
> I was told that 7.1.4 will be availabel for NT 3.5 by the end of the year.

On Oracle's World Wide Web server (WWW.Oracle.Com) they state the following

"The Oracle Workgroup Server for Windows NT is currently not supported against Windows NT version 3.5, because we have not finished testing the server with that version of Windows NT. Our Workgroup Server generally worked OK on beta versions of NT 3.5, but we've seen some spurious problems crop up with the release version of it. You might not see any problems if you run the Workgroup Server on your NT 3.5 system, but we're not able to guarantee that you won't. Caveat User."

Larry Thomas Received on Wed Dec 14 1994 - 21:28:21 CET

Original text of this message