Re: Oracle web site???

From: Mahesh Vallampati <m0v5533_at_tamsun.tamu.edu>
Date: 14 Dec 1994 00:04:30 -0600

In article <3cl8v5$qvb_at_news1.svc.portal.com>, Steve Schow <sjs_at_corp.portal.com> wrote:
>but at least they are planning something. I think its outrageously
>degenerate that oracle does not have a Web site. How can they
>consider themselves to be on the cuttin edge of information
>distribution when they barely have internet connectivity and no
>FTP/WWW site. I can download virtually ANY sunOS patch I want from
>a well organized WWW/ftp site. Oracle has NOTHING.
Check out http://www.oracle.com/.
It is cute and it looks to me it is more the work of the marketing department.... :)
Setting up a WWW server is not a joke. WWW is one way of opening ur site to the internet for hackers/jokers who want to create problems. The Network admin at Oracle is gonna work overtime.... But I am hoping that the site will mature.... Give it time.

Thanks
Mahesh
M.S. In EE
Texas A &M Unversity
College Station
Texas 77840
PS: I have a document on internet security and WWW. If u want I can mail it to u.BTW do u have a www site..... Received on Wed Dec 14 1994 - 07:04:30 CET

Original text of this message