Re: Oracle web site???

From: Andrew McAllister <mcallister_at_neptune.grad.missouri.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 08:31:31

>In a recent article, I read that oracle had a web site. Does anyone know
>its URL?? or possible a FTP site???

>Thanks

>Craig

I think you read wrong. (But if you read right, could you find the article and post the URL here).

Oracle said several MONTHS ago that it would be setting up a web site/ ftp site. But, it seams that this task is so difficult that even a multi-billion dollar software company can't do it (sarcasm). This is a shameful situation that Oracle should be (but isn't) embarrassed about. Several months ago I spoke with a VP at Oracle and he didn't seem to think that an internet site was feesable because of internal concerns there. Compu$erve was his only solution.

If anyone (with clout) at Oracle reads this message, I will be happy to help you set up a web/ftp site. I'll even do it for free! Hell, I'll even provide the equipment, and IP address so you don't have to worry about your own systems being hacked. BUT, the stipulation is that Oracle folks must be responsible for the content on said "free" site.

Andy
Andrew McAllister -- mcallister_at_neptune.grad.missouri.edu Office of Research, University of Missouri-Columbia The views above are not those of my employer. Received on Tue Dec 13 1994 - 08:31:31 CET

Original text of this message