Re: Problem install Oracle from CDROM for AIX

From: <ms_at_mlc-ratingen.de>
Date: 12 Dec 1994 09:05:07 GMT

In article <3cfa13$sas_at_ixnews2.ix.netcom.com> wdm2_at_ix.netcom.com (Henry H. Kwok) writes:

   I tried to install Oracle 7.0.16 from a cdrom for a RS6000 AIX version    3.2.5 last week and had all kind of problem. Oracle said that the cdrom    is ISO 9660 format with Rock Ridge extension and IBM claims that their    cdrom does not support Rock Ridge (which allows filename of more than 8    characters). The result is all the filenames on the cdrom are truncated    to 8 characters and all suffix are truncated to 3 characters. Even when    I mount the cdrom on a Sun Solaris, the result are the same. My question    is, are there any cdrom's or patch for AIX out there that can support    Rock Ridge extension ? If not, why does Oracle only provide cdrom in    this format for AIX ? Some of you out there must have installed Oracle    successfully on an AIX from cdrom, is there anyway around this problem ?    Thanks for your help.

We had the same problem. There is a shell script somewhere on the CD which creates links with the correct filenames. Installing Oracle is always fun :-(

Michael

M M L CCC | Michael Schunk | Tel: +49 2102/8506-0 MM MM L C | MLC Systeme GmbH | Fax: +49 2102/8506-30 M M M L C | Am Bruell 19 | Eunet: ms_at_mlc-ratingen.de M M LLLL CCC | W 40878 Ratingen (Germany) |