Re: SQL vs ProC

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_wwsun10.us.oracle.com>
Date: 12 Dec 1994 18:13:45 GMT

In article <MIKEE.94Dec9172245_at_sys8.wfc.com>, mikee_at_sys8.wfc.com (Mike Eggleston) writes:
|> You'll get better performance by making sure that your database,
|> tables and indexes are designed correctly. I have not seen any
|> reasonable speed improvements using embedded SQL, but you can get some
|> performance increases by using the OCI calls (which I think is what
|> Pro*C is).
|>
|> Mike
|> --
|> --
|> Mike Eggleston Walker Financial, Inc.
|> (817)732-0398 3909 Hulen Street
|> (817)735-1726 (FAX) Fort Worth, Texas 76107
|> Only my opinions.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. Pro*C DOES NOT GENERATE OCI CODE. Pro*C DOES NOT GENERATE OCI CODE. Pro*C generates calls to libsql.a, which is a completely different (although they do similar things) library from libocic.a. Sorry for being so annoying about this, but this is a common misconception that is 100%, ABSOLUTELY FALSE. Pro*C DOES NOT GENERATE OCI CODE (one more time to make sure you all got it). You may now resume regular programming. Received on Mon Dec 12 1994 - 19:13:45 CET

Original text of this message