Re: Oracle Applications

From: Francois G. Gendron <gendron_at_cam.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 13:23:18 -0500

In article (Dans l'article) <786444386.438snx_at_aleytys.pc.my>, philip_at_aleytys.pc.my wrote (écrivait) :

> In article <D05x6A.K6x_at_ozemail.com.au> rwright_at_ozemail.com.au writes:
> >
> >Is anyone interested in the idea of a new group for Oracle appliactions
> >eg Financials ?
>
> A newsgroup such as this would be helpful as I would then not have to wade
> through a million messages about CASE or whatever.
>
> Philip

This past august, I sent a similar request asking for places with information regarding Oracle Applications. All the replies I got said that there was no such forum.

Since I am very interested in having a forum for discussing both technical and functional issues regarding Oracle Applications, I decided to start a mailing list to discuss these issues.

The project has been started, in october, after the purchase of a server by our consulting group (Not just for this of course!). Up to now, I worked at setting up the server for use by ourconsulting group.

Since they can now play around with applications, I have started on the mailing list project and have acquired both a NIC registered network and domain name. I have started to configure the link between the server and my internet access provider which should render the list operational anytime in the next few weeks (remember, this is done in idle times).

I have collected the names of most of the people who expressed interest in this forum for the launch of the list.

If anyone is interested in being part of this list when it goes live, please send me a message with the word REGISTRATION in the subject line.

--
Francois G. Gendron                 Internet : gendron_at_cam.org
Conseiller Principal                Telephone: (514) 651-8471

-- Efficient, Re-engineered Businesses supported by Oracle Applications --