CASE General Protection Fault (Windows)

From: Bob Treumann <btreuman_at_elmwood.com>
Date: 10 Dec 1994 17:21:54 GMT

     When I moved to 5.1, I started with a new installation, and
     have just gotten the design for my current client to a point
     where I was ready to generate a very simple form.

     When I run the generator, I get a general protection fault
     from VGS7WIN.dll.   My Dr. Watson file says it was caused by
     a 'Null Selector (Read)' fault at VGS7WIN 26:2edf

     I get this every time I try, even after rebooting the system
     from scratch.

     Using the same user name, I can create this form using forms
     designer, and I can save it to the database.  I can run it
     with no problems.

     Questions on my mind:
       Oracle support mentioned something about using share.exe.
       It was in a phone message that was a bit confusing, so I don't
       know if and where I should be using share....

       The old version of CASE required that the template forms
       be saved to the forms database, but I see no mention of that
       with 5.1.   Should I be loading the template forms into the
       database?

--
  Bob Treumann
  Solution Engineering Inc.               email:  sei_at_elmwood.com