Re: Row locking in ODBC

From: Richard Cronau <richard.cronau_at_intelsat.int>
Date: 8 Dec 1994 18:19:06 GMT

In article <3c1v3e$rv3_at_news.cais.com>, sarek_at_cais2.cais.com (Scott T Johnson) says:

>...How does ODBC handle record locking.

Oracle guarentees a read consistent view of the database. Thus, if you implement everything using transactions, then you should at least get a read only lock placed on the records that were retrieved. I do not know if ODBC supports transactions. I do know that it supports pass-thru SQL. So, you should be able to set up transactions. I hope my thoughts provide food for additional input.

Regards,

Rick Cronau Received on Thu Dec 08 1994 - 19:19:06 CET

Original text of this message