Oracle under NetWare to Windows NT?

From: Edward J. Branley <elendil_at_seashell.com>
Date: 8 Dec 1994 02:44:14 GMT

I've got a client that uses Oracle primarily under Unix. They have inherited a NetWare network from a subsidiary that is using Oracle 6.0 with a Powerbuilder application. I'm being brought in to migrate the NetWare LAN to Windows NT, but now they want me to tackle the Oracle stuff also. Hopefully someone can answer some Oracle newbie questions for me so I'll know whether or not to back away from this project before I get started:

  1. Once Oracle for NT is installed on the new server, is it possible to simply copy the Oracle database directories over from NetWare to NT?
  2. If it's not as simple as that, how difficult a process is this?
  3. Am I walking into a minefield because the NetWare database is version 6 and the NT box will have Oracle 7?
  4. How much is Oracle for NT Server (ballpark price is OK)?

TIA for any help you can give.

|Edward J. Branley |Moderator, New Orleans Mailing List.|
|elendil_at_communique.net |To join, send a message to: |
|Seashell Software, New Orleans, LA |mail-server_at_mintir.new-orleans.la.us|
|+1.504.455.5087 |with JOIN NEW-ORLEANS in the body. |