Re: Code Validation in CASE-generated CDE Application

From: Slurton <slurton_at_aol.com>
Date: 7 Dec 1994 21:00:29 -0500

In article <3bli6q$3p4_at_newsbf01.news.aol.com>, tedfc_at_aol.com (Ted FC) writes:

Ted,

     I have run into the same problem, I am currently on my fourth Oracle*CASE development and have done it both ways. The problem here is how integrated you want role you want Oracle*CASE to play in the maintenance of your application. The codes table being maintained through the use of Domains will work fine provided that the Oracle*CASE tool stays a part of your application. However if the Oracle*CASE will be used to design and then field the application away from the CASE tool it might be better to define system administrator maintainable code tables, either seperate or the same. Don't get the feeling that I think that I am an Oracle*CASE master because I'm not we are all struggling through this together.

Scott A. Lurton
Senior Scientist

Computer Resource Management, Inc.
Herndon, VA
USA Received on Thu Dec 08 1994 - 03:00:29 CET

Original text of this message